Firmware Updates for Pi Star Supported BoardsThe newest versions of Pi Star have a utility built in to update the firmware on several boards. Of course to get the latest features I recommend running the latest firmware. Let's jump right into it.
Step One: Make sure your board is prepared for a firmware update. I know for MMDVM_HS Hat and Jumbospot boards you need the headers for pins 38 and 40 installed. You may have to Google the procedure for other boards.
Step Two: Shell access. In order to update the firmware with this utility you need SSH shell access to your Raspberry Pi. I have a lot of experience with Linux so I prefer to use a terminal window but for the sake of simplicity we'll use the terminal that's built in to Pi Star. Go to your Pi Star dashboard. You'll need to click "Configure" and "Expert" you'll see the expert settings warning screen and on the right under "Tools:" you'll need to click "SSH Access".
The current options for supported boards are:
- ZUMSpot board conected to GPIO, run: pistar-zumspotflash rpi
- ZUMSpot duplex board conected to GPIO, run: pistar-zumspotflash rpi_duplex
- ZUMSpot USB Key, run: pistar-zumspotflash usb
- USB Connected Libre Modem, run: pistar-zumspotflash libre
- MMDVM_HS Hat devices by DB9MAT & DF2ET please use pistar-mmdvmhshatflash
- MMDVM_HS Nano Hat devices please use pistar-nanohsflash
- BD7KLE/BG3MDO devices please use pistar-mdoflash
For updating firmware on the boards being sold on Ali Express as MMDVM Digital Dialogue board see this post.
I hope I've been able to help, 73s K9NPX
Post a Comment